Tree Work In Los Gatos
Los Gatos is home to some of the most beautiful native tree species. At a quick glance you’ll notice Valley Oaks, Cost Live Oaks and Redwoods scattered through the community. NewVista Tree Service is proud to serve the residents of Los Gatos in maintaining their community beautiful and safe. Trees can either be a liability or an asset. NewVista’s Arborists can help you maintain your trees safe and healthy on your property. If you are in need of removing a tree, NewVista can assist in removing the tree(s) in a safe manner.
The Town of Los Gatos has certain guidelines when it comes to pruning or removing trees.
Removing a “Protected” requires a permit.
Pruning more than 25% off a Protected Tree requires a permit.
The Town has set the following guidelines for protected trees:
1. All trees which have a 12 inch or greater diameter on developed residential property.
2. All trees which have an 8 inch or greater diameter on developed Hillside residential property
3. All trees of the following species which have an 8 inch or greater diameter located on any developed residential property:
Blue Oak (Quercus douglasii)
California Buckeye (Aesculus californica)
Black Oak (Quercus kelloggii)
Pacific Madrone (Arbutus menziesii)
4. All trees which have a 4 inch or greater diameter on vacant or non-residential property.
5. All trees which have a 4 inch or greater diameter when removal relates to any development review.
6. Any tree that was required to be planted or retained by the terms and conditions of a development approval, building permit, tree removal permit or code enforcement action.
1. A fruit or nut tree less than 18 inches in diameter.
2. Any of the following trees that are less than 24 inches in diameter:
Black Acacia (Acacia melanoxylon)
Tree of Heaven (Ailanthus altissima)
Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera)
Blue Gum Eucalyptus (E. globulus)
Red Gum Eucalyptus (E. camaldulensis)
Other Eucalyptus (E. spp.)—Hillsides only
Palm (except Phoenix canariensis)
Privet (Ligustrum lucidum)
For More information:
*NewVista Inc makes every effort to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, however, it does not guarantee this and disclaims liability for inaccurate information or any misunderstanding. For most up to date information, website visitors should contact each city/municipality directly.