top of page

Tree Work In Sunnyvale

NewVista Tree Service has helped many Sunnyvale clients with their arboricultural needs. 

The tree work we provide is unmatched. Clients looking to prune their trees, fertilize, or remove can count on NewVista to provide a competitive quote that caters to each individual client. Our team of experts can handle any job.


The city of Sunnyvale requires permits for removal of a private tree if it meets the following size: 

  1. Single trunk Tree : If the tree is bigger than 38 Inches in circumference 

  2. Multi Trunk Tree: If one trunk is bigger than 38 Inches in circumference OR the addition of all trunks is greater than 113 inches in circumference. 


The City of Sunnyvale will issue a permit is one of the following criteria is met: 


1.The tree is diseased or badly damaged. 

2. The tree represents a potential hazard to people, structures or other trees. 

3. The tree is in healthy condition but restricts the owners’ or a neighbor’s ability to enjoy the reasonable use or economic potential of the property. If this applies, the following factors below will be used to make a decision regarding removal: 

• The need to allow construction of improvements and to allow economic or reasonable enjoyment of property

• The approximate age of the tree relative to its average life span 

• The limited useful landscape value due to its inappropriate species, size and location relative to the existing structures on the property

 • Site drainage, soil erosion, or soil stability considerations. Current and future visual screening potential • Overcrowding of trees unreasonably restricting the use of the land

 • Any other information the Director of Community Development finds pertinent to the application.


Pruning a private tree does not require a permit. 



Pruning a City Tree in Sunnyvale requires a permit and the work to be performed or supervised by an ISA Certified  Arborist. 


For more information:


*NewVista Inc makes every effort to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, however, it does not guarantee this and disclaims liability for inaccurate information or any misunderstanding. For most up to date information, website visitors should contact each city/municipality directly.

bottom of page